We took a cruise in March, 2014 and I needed some new evening wear. I was also trying to pack lightly, so decided to use a ‘navy with other colors’ theme for the cruise clothing. For evening I made 1 skirt and 2 tops. I had also previously made a cardigan that was added to the grouping. Fabric used for the tops and skirt was a navy polyester crepe. It was somewhat sheer so I lined the tops with a navy Bemberg lining. I wore a black slip with the skirt.
Top: Made from Burda Style 7/2013, #134. Top has a bust dart on 1 side of the front and gathers where the bust dart would be on the other side of the front. Traced the pattern in size 52. Cap sleeve bottom was raised (don’t remember how much). This top was a success – fits well, looks nice.
Skirt: Made from Cutting Line Designs Relax a Little pattern. Shortened the pattern by 4 inches. Success – fits well. next time I might shorten it by another 2 inches.
Cutting Line Designs RAL pattern:
Cardigan – made from Pamela’s Patterns Twin Set patter. Made from a poly stretch glitter lace. I used the scalloped selvages as trim along the fronts, hem and sleeve hems. No changes made to the cardigan. Next time I need to shorten it by 2 inches.
Next photo is of the back of the Burda top. I used a rhinestone zipper in the back.
The second top was a mash-up of the Pattern Master Knits Inset Panel top and my shoulder princess seam sloper. The embroidery pattern was from the Silhouettes patterns embroidery disk. I used one of the embroidery patterns as is, and cropped part of that same pattern and combined it with the whole pattern during the stitching process. I did a sample top, but did not wear it. This top was not a success. I underlined with the lining, but somehow it is twisted in the back. The shoulders are too far apart and straps show. The panel portion is too wide and gapes. I will be taking this apart and seeing how I can salvage it. At least salvage the embroidered portion.